Collaborative Virtual Workspace License (CVW)

João Miguel Neves joao at silvaneves.org
Wed Aug 22 17:32:49 UTC 2001

On 22 Aug 2001 14:54:12 +0200, Reinhard Müller wrote:
> Yes probably for core programs. That makes sense. But not for _every_
> GNU program, AFAIK. And it has nothing to do with the GPL actually (and
> this thread is about licenses, IIRC).

Loic presented a license that he said that it wasn't a free software
license because it demanded that any changed code would have its
copyright given back to a determined entity. My point was that that
statement was incorrect, because that, in fact, doesn't reduce the user
freedom.

As an example I used the GNU project that requires handling copyright to
the FSF for all translations and (as I learnt) some of the programs.
AFAICS this kind of requirement doesn't limit the freedom in the
software, so the Collaborative Virtual Workspace License (CVW) is,
indeed, a free software license.

--
						Joao Miguel Neves